HR & Payroll Specialist required for an Award Winning and fast-growing, dynamic, managed ground transport and accommodation solutions company. Working from the Accrington head office you’ll be rewarded with a basic salary of circa £30,000, 25 days holidays plus Bank Holidays with an additional day off for your birthday, plus company annual performance related bonus. This is a great and rare opportunity for an experienced HR & Payroll Specialist for this unique travel company that has rapidly grown into a resilient business operating internationally across multiple sectors offering leading organisations from a diverse range of industries first class services to their passengers and staff.
This leading travel service and support brand are a fun and approachable group with a culture focused on autonomy and transparency, meaning that they work hard to make sure that you have what you need to get the job done and provide opportunities for you to grow in your career with them.
You will support the Head of HR and the Management Team in relation to HR issues in the day-to-day operational function as well as having responsibility for processing the company monthly payroll and pension scheme.
A brief insight in to what you’ll be doing as a HR & Payroll Specialist :-
- Process all aspects of the monthly company payroll cycle, within the required timeframes for two payrolls inclusive of overtime, incentives, bonus, commission, call out, absence, holiday pay, starters and leavers.
- To carryout rollbacks of the payroll where required.
- To calculate SMP/SSP/SPP payments.
- Month end and year end activities including FPS/EPS submissions, P60’s, P45’s, AOE, tax code changes and P11’d (including company cars, private health care etc…).
- To produce monthly payroll reports for Finance.
- To support with yearly Finance audits.
- To maintain data and produce reports in line with the Gender Pay Gap requirements.
- To be the first point of contact for any queries relating to the monthly payroll and pension.
- To fully manage the company pension scheme.
- To create & upload MA/CO files monthly for submission to pension provider and make the necessary payments.
- To undertake re-enrolment in line with government guidelines.
- To support with annual pay review.
- To support with annual bonus.
- To implement & improve new processes to continually improve the payroll function.
- To manage all employee relations cases such as disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Administer and manage all employee benefits.
- Create and maintain all employee personnel files, ensuring all data is cleaned on a regular basis in line with GDPR.
- To manage the company car fleet.
- To maintain awareness of employment legislation and any updates.
- To regularly review, write and update all policies and procedures in line with current employment legislation.
- To support with yearly ISO audits.
- To provide training and support to all line Managers to ensure they are competent in all aspects of HR related tasks including sickness absence management and disciplinary & grievance procedures.
Some benefits you’ll get as a HR & Payroll Specialist :-
- Based in the Accrington Head Office, working Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
- Basic salary circa £30,000 dependant on transferable skills & experience
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays. In addition, you are also permitted to take your birthday off, on them! (an extra day of annual leave on top of your allowance)
- Length of service awards with increased holiday allowance when you reach key milestones of 5, 8 and 10 years
- Annual company performance bonus scheme
- Plus other great benefits
What do I need to apply for this HR & Payroll Specialist opportunity: -
- Experience of managing the full end to end payroll cycle, excellent knowledge of Sage 50 and HR experience, with CIPD level 5 as a desirable, however candidates with CIPD Level 3 will still be considered.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- To be hands on and capable of handling multiple streams.
- To be able to work on own initiative.
- To have excellent working knowledge of the complete Microsoft suite Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- To use initiative, be proactive, have a positive outlook and have a drive for excellence and improvement.
- To be a good team player.
For more information about this excellent career opportunity as a HR & Payroll Specialist for this Award-Winning Travel Company we are recruiting for please apply ASAP.